Our commitment to safety at REESE is evident in our safety awards and our industry-leading experience modification rate (EMR). Used as a nutshell indicator of a company’s commitment to safety and overall management competence, an EMR lower than 1.0 indicates better-than-average performance as compared to other companies in the same industry. Our 11/1/17 EMR is .66.
Our safety culture is accompanied by a strong commitment to productivity. It’s our success at both that makes REESE the contractor of choice for railroads and utilities, and a favorite of all our customers.
Safety Training and Certifications
- Yearly first aid and CPR training
- Yearly EHAP (electrical hazard awareness program) training for vegetation management workers
- MSHA (mine safety health administration) training for workers in quarries and mines
- DOT pipeline operator qualification training for workers locating pipelines and installing markers
- State-specific herbicide applicators licensing
- Site- or owner-specific safety training
- Our railroad division has won National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association (NRC) safe contractor awards for six consecutive years.
- e-RAILSAFE verification for all rail workers
- All company vehicles are equipped with GPS tracking devices